So the EU wanna play hardball ? Stuff em

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

So it's a great trading arrangement REALLY ??

No disrespect to most of the Eu member countries but they're hardly world players on the economic stage hardly economic power houses .........Most of them get money out of the EU arrangement rather than they contribute..........and we're going to suffer how exactly from leaving a union where most of the members extract more than they pay in......

Just to say extraction from the EU was always going to lead to a little confusion and uncertainty......It was bloody well expected ......but once we've broken free from the bureacratic shackles of the it will be a stroll in to the sunlit uplands of a bright future on the world trade stage.......EU ?? stuff the ompous prats .....It will collapse in eighteen months without GREAT BRITAIN .......

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Perhaps you ought to show these guys your speech and your little charts (once is enough) because, like most sensible people, they don't believe you.

As with any negotiation, each party must have an ultimate alternative option - in the UK's case it is to walk away.

It may be bluff or not, but it may be called, in which case it must be credible. If the other party knows it is an option and would rather it not to happen, then it focuses their minds to acheive a deal.

The problem that the UK has, is that there are so many detractors who are so set on deriding their own counrty, then it weakens the UK's negotiating postion.

As with any negotiation, each party must have an ultimate alternative option - in the UK's case it is to walk away.
Yes, it's a great option to threaten to cut your own arm off.

Saw.png

It appears that your objective is to persuade the people of the UK that Quitting is such a terrible idea that we'd be better off staying in.

Well done.

Keep it up.

Sponsored Links

I'm confused . Do you mean trading under WTO rules just like the majority of the rest of the world trades, and just like the EU trades with the majority of the rest of the world is like cutting an arm off?

I'd suspect it's more like having a few arms and legs sewn on.

It appears that your objective is to persuade the people of the UK that Quitting is such a terrible idea that we'd be better off staying in.

Well done.

Keep it up.

That's exactly what I'm talking about

Brexit is happening, that is what is being negotiated at this very same time as you are reading this. You can't change that.

But despite that, people like you are continuing to deride the UK and by doing so weaken the UK's negotiating postion. You think you are being noble and clever, but its the complete opposite.

And then, if we don't get the deal that we could have got had our negotiating position been supported, then no doubt you will be first in the queue to moan about the outcome!

Now that is more akin to cutting your own arm off.

people like you are continuing to deride the UK

give us some examples of what you call deriding the UK.

It's certainly true that nutters like Boris are weakening the government's position, because he is angling to depose the pm and seize power himself. Half the cabinet want an ultra-hard brexit, and half want one that will get a beneficial deal with the EU. So the government is badly divided and can't agree its negotiating position. This weakens the UK.

Brexit is happening, that is what is being negotiated at this very same time as you are reading this
Perhaps you could remind those in power - you know, the ones doing the negotiating. Seems to me like Theresa is angling for a watered down version of Brexit. Not really leaving the EU at all.

Theresa is angling for a watered down version of Brexit

I think that is partly in an attempt to appease the remoaners.

Trying to please everyone ends up pleasing no one.

If only everyone embraced Brexit, and accepted that it's happening, then it would strengthen the UK's negotiating position.

I'll text her and let her know.

I think that is partly in an attempt to appease the remoaners.
Or to appease the brexiteers while carrying out what they actually believe is best for Britain.

Trying to please everyone ends up pleasing no one.
So may as well do what they actually believe is best for Britain.

If only everyone embraced Brexit, and accepted that it's happening, then it would strengthen the UK's negotiating position.
Unless, of course ...

I'll text her and let her know.
No need.

I can see why the Quitters don't want Parliament or the citizens to have any say.

"YouGov survey finds 42% of respondents think it is right to leave the EU and 47% think it is wrong"
Friday 13 October 2017
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...it-poll-which-suggests-public-regret-decision
and
"The survey found almost two-thirds of the public think Brexit negotiations are going badly, compared with just over a third in March this year."
Saturday 14 October 2017
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...mes-latest-theresa-may-bad-idea-a8000156.html

I heard the Maltese prime minister on the radio yesterday saying the UK offer of payment was not good enough.

We can bring him on board ;) slip him a brown envelope stuffed with cash at the next EU meeting ;):LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back