BBC funding cut by £2 billion.

The BBC are doing a programme about "Michael X" as part of their diversity scheduling apparently. I'll not be bothering with it.

Who was Michael X?

(From Twitter):

- worked as an enforcer for slum landlord Rachman
- racist who was 1st non-white person to be convicted of a racist criminal offence
- someone who extorted money
- eventually hanged for murdering an unarmed woman with a machete

...and the BBC celebrates him.

Just 43p a day!
Sky have done a doco about him too, did you not want to mention that, ££££ a month

Sponsored Links
Sky have done a doco about him too, did you not want to mention that, ££££ a month

Whatever...

The point is that the BBC is brainwashing us, with money forced out of us by threat of imprisonment, into idolising a criminal.

(They had us believe that George Floyd was a martyr too).

The British Brainwashing Company.

Whatever, as it has not been broadcast how have you decided its a celebration? Maybe you can see into the future. Do you think docos should only be made about fluffy bunnies, did you see the drama/doc about Stalin?
The Silly Krankie Yobbos , your go

Although I think it's a tad high I don't mind paying to watch the BBC, I do like the drama's they put on and I listen to the BBC radio (2) most of the day.
I cannot think of another way of funding them that will not include commercials or new set top boxes etc. Nor can I imagine how I would listen to the radio if BBC radio went commercial.

I'm happy to pay for a license but I think that they should decriminalize non payment and stop the hounding of people that do not want one.

Sponsored Links
Although I think it's a tad high I don't mind paying to watch the BBC, I do like the drama's they put on and I listen to the BBC radio (2) most of the day.
I cannot think of another way of funding them that will not include commercials or new set top boxes etc. Nor can I imagine how I would listen to the radio if BBC radio went commercial.

I'm happy to pay for a license but I think that they should decriminalize non payment and stop the hounding of people that do not want one.

I tend to listen to LBC during the day, but the adverts do pizz me off. I might try radio 2 for a change, gosh I can remember the days when Steve Wright was on radio 1 (275 and 285, national radio 1 :mrgreen:)

I don't read the DM.

But I do feel it's time for the BBC to become a subscription-funded service.

I remember watching a programme about the BBC where a celeb popular in the 70s was saying he got invited to the Fat Controller's office and the conversation went:

"I'd like to discuss your expenses claims."

"I haven't made any "

"Precisely."

The head honcho went on to say that unless everybody put in fat expenses claims, their budgets would be slashed.

I hate the way that we are forced to pay to watch the free commercial channels that don't benefit from the licence fee.

It's the only service in the world that is given to you, then they demand payment for it, whether you want it or not.

The BBC already makes a fortune from it's commercial concerns, selling output to other countries, the books and videos etc....

I get annoyed at the letters and comments in papers saying that it is wrong to destroy the BBC. Who said that was going to happen?

If the BBC is half as good as its supporters claim, they will survive very nicely on a subscription basis.

I would welcome to opportunity to opt in or out of the BBC.

How about you?

gosh I can remember the days when Steve Wright was on radio 1 (275 and 285, national radio 1 :mrgreen:)
Me too! And here in Stockport, we listened to Roger Day on Picadilly Radio 261!

Loads of DJs started there, including Gary Davies, Chris Evans, Andy Peebles, Timmy Mallett, Mike Sweeney and Steve Penk.

I don't know how they can go subscription based, what about all the old tv's in remote places out there that normally receive FTA TV, radios all over the world, the world service et all?

I don't read the DM.

But I do feel it's time for the BBC to become a subscription-funded service.

I remember watching a programme about the BBC where a celeb popular in the 70s was saying he got invited to the Fat Controller's office and the conversation went:

"I'd like to discuss your expenses claims."

"I haven't made any "

"Precisely."

The head honcho went on to say that unless everybody put in fat expenses claims, their budgets would be slashed.

I hate the way that we are forced to pay to watch the free commercial channels that don't benefit from the licence fee.

It's the only service in the world that is given to you, then they demand payment for it, whether you want it or not.

The BBC already makes a fortune from it's commercial concerns, selling output to other countries, the books and videos etc....

I get annoyed at the letters and comments in papers saying that it is wrong to destroy the BBC. Who said that was going to happen?

If the BBC is half as good as its supporters claim, they will survive very nicely on a subscription basis.

I would welcome to opportunity to opt in or out of the BBC.

How about you?
That happened to me re expenses, its a common occurrence

Whatever...

The point is that the BBC is brainwashing us, with money forced out of us by threat of imprisonment, into idolising a criminal.

They've also done programmes about the Kray twins, Hanratty, Harold Shipman, Brady and Hindley, etc.
They were nothing to do with 'diversity scheduling'. What makes you think a programme about Michael X is about 'diversity scheduling'?

I think you're just exploiting another opportunity to promote your bigotry against ethnic minorities.

Whatever...

You read the Daily Mail which is far far far far more biased than the BBC.

I don't know how they can go subscription based, what about all the old tv's in remote places out there that normally receive FTA TV, radios all over the world, the world service et all?
People tend to also forget that the BBC instigated free to view TV (now including HD channels) to almost 99% of the country...

The diverse radio stations that can be acquired by DAB were started by the BBC investing in the technology...

And if the world service was stopped, it would simply be another step backwards by an already declining country!

People tend to also forget that the BBC instigated free to view TV (now including HD channels) to almost 99% of the country...

The diverse radio stations that can be acquired by DAB were started by the BBC investing in the technology...

And if the world service was stopped, it would simply be another step backwards by an already declining country!

Yes but that was then. The beeb has changed as if having been taken over by aliens. Turn on any of its channels, on TV, radio, Internet or whatever, and within seconds you will hear at least one of the following...

Capitalism is evil
The tories are evil
Swearing
Ethnic minorites
Gays / lesbians / transvestites
Characters in dramas taking / talking about drugs as if normal
Brexit voters are thick
Sympathy for channel-crossing illegal migrants
White people should be ashamed of being white
Dramatisations of English history or literature with black actors

And a total lack of the intelligent, interesting and cultured content that it once produced and was once rightly famed for. The BBC was the best broadcaster in history, but currently it is using its past reputation in order to push a twisted, loony-left agenda.

I watched Monty Don in Athens last night and he went on a rant about begonias, theres summat wrong with your telly, or maybe its you

I watched Monty Don in Athens last night and he went on a rant about begonias, theres summat wrong with your telly, or maybe its you

Monty Don's OK I suppose. I preferred Alan Titchmarsh.

Gardener's World has succumbed to wokeism though. And Countryfile.

I occasionally go through the "From the Archive" category on BBC iplayer, there is still some good stuff there, but anything non-politically correct has been expunged, Fahrenheit 451 style. You will only get to see such stuff on DVDs and videotapes, which is why physical media is important.

Sponsored Links
Back