So when is the best time to water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well here I am only 6 days into Greenhouse ownership and already I am seeing growth from the seeds and seedlings that I have started.

My current main concern is watering.

When is the best time to water in my greenhouse, morning or evening?

I leave for work at 6.30am and usually get home by 6.30pm, so either end of the day is no problem for me.

My gut instinct is to give them plenty to drink before the long sunny day, rather than leave them wet and cold over the 'cooler' night. (or am I being too sensitive here)

Then there is the question of 'how much'?
Some are in grow bags and some in trays.
I am fearful of both leaving them thirsty and drowning them.

I know you folk will have the answers for me, so please help this keen but inexperienced newby out.

Mel

Sponsored Links
Either or both! Over watering can be just as bad though and can make the roots shallow as they dont grow down to find the water. You also need to make sure theres enough ventilation in the green house as high humidity can attract certain pests and fungal growths.

It is said if you water at night, the plats get the best chance to take up water before the sun gets up.

Sponsored Links
some plants such as beans benefit from a spray during the day on the leaves etc as they dont like to be too hot

Thermo
some plants such as beans benefit from a spray during the day on the leaves etc as they dont like to be too hot
It is supposed to help with the setting of the flower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back