I just don’t buy into the doom and gloom scenario

plus there is nowt much any one can do about it any way

ban all flights
Ban all cruise ships

ban gas heating and cooking

ban all wood burners

ban barbecues

Ban all petrol lawn mowers
Going over 1.5 degrees will be bad. Going over 2 degrees will be worse, going over 3 degrees will be incredibly bad and so on.

For example, with 2 degrees we lose a reasonable chunk of Norfolk. Now that's not too bad for me, I do not live there, but I don't want to pay to re-home economic migrants who think they deserve support just because their homes have disappeared underwater.

The most expensive option is to do nothing and the more we do the better for us.

i am not a climate change denier
Then guess what, you're still a denier. If you don't think that the global temperature going over 1.5 degrees will be incredibly disruptive expensive and all round bad then you're in denial.

Going over 1.5 degrees will be bad. Going over 2 degrees will be worse, going over 3 degrees will be incredibly bad and so on.

For example, with 2 degrees we lose a reasonable chunk of Norfolk. Now that's not too bad for me, I do not live there, but I don't want to pay to re-home economic migrants who think they deserve support just because their homes have disappeared underwater.

The most expensive option is to do nothing and the more we do the better for us.

well there are 80 or 90 million people in Bangladesh and that country will probably cease to exist

the polar ice cap is melting and there nowt any one will do about it
Absolutely nowt

Sponsored Links
well there are 80 or 90 million people in Bangladesh and that country will probably cease to exist

the polar ice cap is melting and there nowt any one will do about it
Absolutely nowt
Yeah, because some idiots think there's no point and because they want to keep their petrol lawn mowers.

Except the climate predictions of 40- 20 years ago have been pretty much spot on.

So why would you assume that they're wrong now?
Except the climate predictions of 40- 20 years ago have been pretty much spot on.

So why would you assume that they're wrong now?

1972 Maurice Strong, the first UN Environment Programme director warned that the world “had just 10 years to avoid catastrophe”.

1982 His successor, Mostafa Tolba, the then head of the UN Environment Programme told the world that it had just 18 years before “an environmental catastrophe as irreversible as any nuclear holocaust”.

1989 The official was warning that we have to fix climate change by 1999 or “climate change goes beyond human control”. By 1990 Tolba was warning the world must fix global warming before 1995, “otherwise, we’d lose the climate struggle”.

As sea levels would rise we were told that the Maldives islands would be under water over a decade ago, they’re actually building more luxury hotels.

We were told the source of the great Ganges river in the Himalayas, the glaciers, would have melted long ago. The great Ganges river still flows and the glaciers are still there.

The Australian Great Barrier reef would be dead, it is alive and thriving. We were told by the UN Food Programme in the sixties that Earth could not feed a growing population and that the future was bleak with much of humanity facing starvation. The earth’s population has more than doubled since the sixties with fewer people in absolute poverty…

So, 50 years of complete bollux. I suspect we're in for another 50 years of complete bollux.

UN Has Been Predicting Planetary Disaster for 50 Years - Guido Fawkes (order-order.com)

Then guess what, you're still a denier. If you don't think that the global temperature going over 1.5 degrees will be incredibly disruptive expensive and all round bad then you're in denial.

I don’t denie that that may happen

It won’t be stopped and that’s it and all about it

Yeah, because some idiots think there's no point and because they want to keep their petrol lawn mowers.

thsn lead by example :ROFLMAO:

I will give it a miss

although much of what I have done has been centred around energy efficiency

3 of our fellas are on a heat pump training now ;)

unlike the experts I don’t think it’s going to save the planet but hey ho one may as well get ones snout
Into the green trough :ROFLMAO:

1972 Maurice Strong, the first UN Environment Programme director warned that the world “had just 10 years to avoid catastrophe”.

1982 His successor, Mostafa Tolba, the then head of the UN Environment Programme told the world that it had just 18 years before “an environmental catastrophe as irreversible as any nuclear holocaust”.

1989 The official was warning that we have to fix climate change by 1999 or “climate change goes beyond human control”. By 1990 Tolba was warning the world must fix global warming before 1995, “otherwise, we’d lose the climate struggle”.

As sea levels would rise we were told that the Maldives islands would be under water over a decade ago, they’re actually building more luxury hotels.

We were told the source of the great Ganges river in the Himalayas, the glaciers, would have melted long ago. The great Ganges river still flows and the glaciers are still there.

The Australian Great Barrier reef would be dead, it is alive and thriving. We were told by the UN Food Programme in the sixties that Earth could not feed a growing population and that the future was bleak with much of humanity facing starvation. The earth’s population has more than doubled since the sixties with fewer people in absolute poverty…

So, 50 years of complete bollux. I suspect we're in for another 50 years of complete bollux.

UN Has Been Predicting Planetary Disaster for 50 Years - Guido Fawkes (order-order.com)
They were right, the best time to act was decades ago. Bust since we haven't we've already changed the climate so it's 1.2 degrees above the baseline. Now it's virtually impossible to keep below 1.5 degrees.

They were right, the best time to act was decades ago. Bust since we haven't we've already changed the climate so it's 1.2 degrees above the baseline. Now it's virtually impossible to keep below 1.5 degrees.

No, you're swerving, if they were spot on with their predictions, the world ended 20 years ago.

thsn lead by example :ROFLMAO:

I will give it a miss

although much of what I have done has been centred around energy efficiency

3 of our fellas are on a heat pump training now ;)

unlike the experts I don’t think it’s going to save the planet but hey ho one may as well get ones snout
Into the green trough :ROFLMAO:
You do realise that's a near perfect example of denial? It's too scary for you to accept so you bury your head in the sand.

i am not a climate change denier
exaggerated imo

( this climate caper )

I have always had suspicions about this climate caper claims

So which specific predictions / projected scenarios under different amounts of greenhouse gas emissions do you disagree with?

And why? What verifiable expertise do you have which would lend credence to your view?

plus there is nowt much any one can do about it any way
It certainly isnt going to be easy, thats for sure.

So as it wont be easy, is it simply a head in the sand attitude for you because accepting the truth scares you? Are you like a toddler covering his eyes because he thinks if he cant see someone they cant see him?

ban all flights
Ban all cruise ships

ban gas heating and cooking

ban all wood burners

ban barbecues

Ban all petrol lawn mowers
Some or all of those may need to be done, and some can be done sooner and more easily than others.

No they didn't say that. They said it'd be too late to avoid it. Guess what, it seems they were right.

Er no, they didn't, they described an effect equivalent to a nuclear holocaust by 2000 and Mali would be underwater by 2010. Both claims are bollux.

Funnily enough, we didn't run out of oil in 1978 either, in fact, over 40 years on, there's a glut of the stuff although when transam re-engines his beast, he might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back