So, whos still in denial?

• Thread starter Captain Nemesis
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Er no, they didn't, they described an effect equivalent to a nuclear holocaust by 2000 and Mali would be underwater by 2010. Both claims are bollux.

Funnily enough, we didn't run out of oil in 1978 either, in fact, over 40 years on, there's a glut of the stuff although when transam re-engines his beast, he might help.
Christ youre bad at reading comprehension.

an environmental catastrophe as irreversible as any nuclear holocaust
Irreversible.

well there are 80 or 90 million people in Bangladesh and that country will probably cease to exist

the polar ice cap is melting and there nowt any one will do about it
Absolutely nowt
Be that as it may, do you deny the conclusions of the latest IPPC reporton climate change?

Stop trying to deflect.

Do you deny the conclusions of the latest IPPC reporton climate change?

i can’t say I have not read it

although some countries have agreed to it as such they won’t be implementing any of it

Russia for example;)

basically you have done nowt have you

Sponsored Links
Why are they still building hotels on Mali if it's submerged?
You mean in the bit you didn't quote? Come back with the actual quote you want me to respond to, because trusting you to accurately summarise after your last attempt would be stupid.

Climate change experts

blimey even a broken clock is right twice a day

WTF you're on about???
20 years ago they said that by 2020 London would be on the beach and have a tropical climate.
What a lot of boll@x!
Stop questioning me or I'll use my 5G phone to permanently alter your DNA.:evil:

Or more politely, your relationship with reality is pretty casual. Provide a quote please.

Er no, they didn't, they described an effect equivalent to a nuclear holocaust by 2000 and Mali would be underwater by 2010. Both claims are bollux.
PS.

Mali, officially the Republic of Mali, is a landlocked country in West Africa...

Most of the country lies in the southern Sahara Desert
Mali's capital is around 350m above sea level.

It's this laser like focus on getting the details right that make you such an asset to any discussion.

Stop questioning me or I'll use my 5G phone to permanently alter your DNA.:evil:

Or more politely, your relationship with reality is pretty casual. Provide a quote please.
Find it yourself.
It's almost midnight, I can't go to the library and search for newspaper articles from 20 years ago.
Just remember to charge your electric vehicle, the one built with human blood , children working and dying as slaves in the lithium and cobalt mines.
Feel proud.

1972 Maurice Strong, the first UN Environment Programme director warned that the world “had just 10 years to avoid catastrophe”.
And we didnt do anything by 1982, and here we are.

1982 His successor, Mostafa Tolba, the then head of the UN Environment Programme told the world that it had just 18 years before “an environmental catastrophe as irreversible as any nuclear holocaust”.
Well, its about 18 years later, and here we are with irreversible climate change.

None of the targets for net zero will even maintain the current position, let alone reverse it. Dont you know that?

The best we can hope for is to stop things continuing to get worse and worse to such an extent that our very existence is threatened. Dont you know that?

1989 The official was warning that we have to fix climate change by 1999 or “climate change goes beyond human control”.
Do you think we are "in control" right now?

By 1990 Tolba was warning the world must fix global warming before 1995, “otherwise, we’d lose the climate struggle”.
Do you think that we have "won the struggle" now?

As sea levels would rise we were told that the Maldives islands would be under water over a decade ago, they’re actually building more luxury hotels.
Because sea levels havent risen?

We were told the source of the great Ganges river in the Himalayas, the glaciers, would have melted long ago. The great Ganges river still flows and the glaciers are still there.
Who told us that?

When did they tell us that?

What date(s) did they actually predict?

What level of confidence did they ascribe to their prediction?

If you want to say what you did in an attempt to debunk scientific work then you must be as accurate and sound in what you say as you seek to criticise other people for not being, otherwise you are the one talking bollux.

The Australian Great Barrier reef would be dead, it is alive and thriving.
You have an odd definition of "thriving".

According to a study published in October 2012 by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the reef has lost more than half its coral cover since 1985, a finding reaffirmed by a 2020 study which found over half of the reef's coral cover to have been lost between 1995 and 2017, with the effects of a widespread 2020 bleaching event not yet quantified

A March 2016 report stated that coral bleaching was more widespread than previously thought, seriously affecting the northern parts of the reef as a result of warming ocean temperatures. In October 2016, Outside published an obituary for the reef; the article was criticized for being premature and hindering efforts to bolster the resilience of the reef. In March 2017, the journal Nature published a paper showing that huge sections of an 800-kilometre (500 mi) stretch in the northern part of the reef had died in the course of 2016 due to high water temperatures, an event that the authors put down to the effects of global climate change.

Ah, Guido Fawkes - that well known climatology expert.

Try telling all the people being burned/flooded/blown away that if the best we can hope for is that things will get worse that that isnt going to be disasterous for them.

Anyway,can we take it that you do deny the conclusions of the latest IPPC report on climate change?

If so, what verifiable expertise do you have which would lend credence to your view?

WTF you're on about???
20 years ago they said that by 2020 London would be on the beach and have a tropical climate.
What a lot of boll@x!
Who told us that?

When did they tell us that?

What date(s) did they actually predict?

What level of confidence did they ascribe to their prediction?

If you want to say what you did in an attempt to debunk scientific work then you must be as accurate and sound in what you say as you seek to criticise other people for not being, otherwise you are the one talking a lot of boll@x.

Climate change experts

blimey even a broken clock is right twice a day
Do you deny the conclusions of the latest IPPC report on climate change?

If so why? What verifiable expertise do you have which would lend credence to your view?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back