Soakaway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We're currently re-landscaping our garden. In doing so - I've come across the soakaway which takes the rainwater from the extension roof.

The roof isn't particularly big and the soakaway itself is relatively large (approximately 1m x 1m and probably 0.8m deep filled with large rubble.

However, the soakaway is located approximately 2m from the wall of the house. We've never had an issue before but I am wondering whether now is the time to move it?

Thoughts welcome.

Sponsored Links
There's an excellent guide here
https://www.pavingexpert.com/drain08

It should be 5 meters from any building, and 2.5 meters from any boundary.

If there's no problem, why fix it?
How long have you lived there, i.e. over what period of time has there been 'no problem'?

Thanks for the link. I was aware of the proper distances.

We’ve been here for a year - but that does include the wettest time I can even remember with what seemed like back to back storms. It was installed in around 1995.

No issues; I mean no wet walls and no evidence of it being particularly boggy around it.

Fix it for peace of mind and because it doesn’t meet regs. Although I fully appreciate the “leave it well alone” mantra if no issues...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back