Soakaways

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, we are about to install a soak away as our house was built on marsh land and every time it rains heavy we have a little pond out our front door. We only have a small front garden and we thought we could install it just in front of the path outside the front door. I’m reading it has to be 5m away from the building, would be bad if we did that and why?
We’re currently changing the front garden to a driveway with stones and if says about maintenance, does that mean we will need to pull the driveway up every 12 month?
Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
I would think if your garden is marshy you will have problems with it constantly sinking when you run cars over it if you just use chipping/sones. I would think you will need something much more substantial.I don't know how far a soak away needs to be from your house but if you are digging uo the drive it should not be too difficult to instal drainage pipes from the front of the house to a soak away.

Hi all, we are about to install a soak away as our house was built on marsh land and every time it rains heavy we have a little pond out our front door. We only have a small front garden and we thought we could install it just in front of the path outside the front door. I’m reading it has to be 5m away from the building, would be bad if we did that and why?
We’re currently changing the front garden to a driveway with stones and if says about maintenance, does that mean we will need to pull the driveway up every 12 month?
Thank you in advance.
Ground getting soaked and drying constantly near house can cause subsidence .

Sponsored Links
Back