Soaking wet insulation on a concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
After about a year putting together a utility room on the back of our garage, I discovered a lovely leaking pipe.
There is a OSB wooden floor covered with solid oak flooring. The floor is about 12" above a concrete floor which was the back of the old garage. The pipework is all under the floor. Before laying the floor I placed rock wool insulation on the concrete floor between the feet holding the floor up. The water pipe was leaking for a good few hours and I have had to cut a hole in the floor to access and repair the leak. I have also cut a small access hole and managed to drag some of the insulation out.
The floor is soaking wet and the insulation has soaked up lots of the water. It would be almost impossible to remove all of the insulation from the floor from the access hole.
My question are:
Do I need to remove the insulation or can I leave it to dry out?
Is there any way I can speed up the drying process?
Please don't suggest taking up the whole floor - I will cry :(
thanks
simon

Sponsored Links
Rockwool dries fairly easily, you could point a fan heater into the hole to speed drying process, failing that have a good cry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back