Socket Box Installation Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renovating some rooms in my house. Whilst I have removed the plaster, I need to add a couple of sockets. How deep do I sink the socket mounting boxes into the breeze block wall? The breeze block will be plastered afterwards.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
The socket boxes need to be sunk so that they are not proud of the plaster, so it depends on the box depth.

until about 10-15mm of box is left protruding from the face of the breeze block, dependent on the thickness of plaster you will be installing..

Sponsored Links
And if it is being drylined rather than scratchcoat (or hardwall) and skimmed, depending on the compnay doing the work, you may need to set the box in by 5mm or so, or NOT AT ALL!

We do some work for a company, and they dab the drylining to suit the 25mm box. Be just spit gun it to the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back