Socket Heights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been asked to install some sockets in a loft conversion but the customer has requested the sockets are kept as low as possible, we're talking 200mm off the floor despite the ONG stating 450mm. I guess what Im asking is, am I allowed to fit the sockets at the requested height by the customer?

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming the loft conversion is being inspected for compliance with other building regs? If so then the inspector might insist on the new heights despite them only applying to new builds.

Perhaps you should get the customer to check with the BCO inspector to be sure.

fattony said:
I guess what Im asking is, am I allowed to fit the sockets at the requested height by the customer?

Yes, I would think so - it is not a newbuild.
Double check with Building Control though.

Sponsored Links
My understanding was that the socket heights in the OSG are to cater for wheelchair users. You could argue that they would not apply in a loft conversion, unless you're fitting a stairlift too!:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back