Socket Tester Trips RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a call from someone moved in to their new house. He says his socket tester (that he bought to check his caravan) actually trips the main rcd isolator whether on upstairs or downstairs socket rings. Apparantly it's a rewireable c/u with mcb adaptors put in, and between the meter and c/u is the rcd isolator. The socket tester checks wiring AND Ze (made by Martindale). I haven't been there yet to test individual circuits, but has anyone come across this before? It's in a small village so most likely TT I would have thought ..... :?:

Sponsored Links
I'd suspect the tester first - if it is trying to push current down the CPC to test the Zs then it will trip an RCD, like the old EFLI testers without the non-trip function.
TT - dunno. Depends on the orientation of the moon on the day the supply company installed it :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back