Sockets and switches jutting out from wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with most of the sockets and switches that have been installed in my flat.

The original electrician installed the holders (?) flush (see pics) but the replacement guy installed them jutting out from the wall (drywall) a couple of mm. This has led to an ugly gap between the wall and the fixtures.

I know I could fill the gap with polyfilla or silicone. However, is there an easy way to reinstall them or otherwise get the fixtures flush ?

Thanks

D.

Sponsored Links
hi, Hmm, unfortaunately, plulling all these fittings out and reajusting them is gonna be a lot of work, the original electrican will have charged you for putting them in, but being charged for removal and refitting is something else, and alot more expensive.

By all means, there is no harm in you removing them and trying to fit them back in, but theres gonna be about 4 times as much work and at the end of the day, the filler, or even decorators caulk would be alot cheaper and easier.

Nothing wrong with being a perfectionsit and doing the job properly though is there?

Sponsored Links
Back