sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
Hoping someone can help. Two of our sockets in the kitchen have lost power. One double one single and they are pretty much next to each other. The other sockets in the kitchen are fine and we've checked the fuse cupboard and none are blown and nothing has tripped.
The three sockets had our oven, hob and hood plugged in to them and the hob and hood were behaving strangely on Friday night - hob switched on but then would go through a reset pattern before going off. The hood went off at the same time. Did this twice but then worked for me to cook dinner. Went to use it yesterday morning and no power at all. Tried a lamp in the sockets and no power.
Plugged the oven, hob and hood into an extension lead to check if they work and they do.
Completely baffled. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Something somewhere has tripped or fuse blown. Look again very carefully. It could be these sockets are run off a fused spur unit somewhere. If so this fuse has probably gone. Trip switches don't always flip completely down. They can trip but only move slightly.
Of course a possibility is a wire come off the back of the first socket which also connects to the other, but I think that is unlikely.

An oven and hob should really be run on a dedicated circuit, not plugged in. Overloading comes to mind!

The immediate concern is that if it is a loose connection it may cause a fire if left switched on.

I would advis you to get an electrician in to sort it out.

Kind regards,

KA

Sponsored Links
Have checked all the fuses in the cupboard and they look fine and have tried the trip switches but still nothing.
The sockets are off and I'll call an electrician in the morning. Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back