Connecting Oven and Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone
What complies in a kitchen these days !!!!!!!
I want to connect a gas hob to the mains for the igniter. I also have a single built in oven which the manual says can be connected to a 13 amp plug and socket or a connection unit.
I also have a cooker hood which requires 3 amp I think - it is only 300w with the lights.
Behind where the the oven sits I have a 30 amp connection point which ran the original cooker and also a single socket on the ring main to which the original hob was connected.
The switch for the cooker is 50mm from the hob - I believe that it is illegal and should be at least 150mm distant but as I don't need it to run the oven could I cap it off rather than moving it?
Beneath the oven there is a false drawer and I was thinking that because access to the electrics will be behind the oven (only 4 screws and it's out) but I don't know if that is considered "accessible".
Could I run a cable from the socket on the ring main behind the oven down the wall to a surface mounted double socket under the oven then I can plug in the oven and hob and have access to them via the false drawer under the oven?
The hood sits over the vertical line of the 30 amp cooker circuit. Could I downrate the cooker circuit breaker to 5 amp or so and run that through the back panel of the hood to power it?
By the way I have heard of part P and I will get someone to connect it for me but I have had one electrician round and I wasn't happy with what he was suggesting such as cutting the back of adjacent cabinets and putting sockets in and running a flex with a plug from the hood across the wall to a socket on top of the wall unit.
Thanks - sorry for the long post - hope everyone is enjoying a good Easter break.

G.

Sponsored Links
You need to get someone in to do the work who can self-certify or you need to notify your LABC before you start the work.This will cost you and will need to be inspected by them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back