Soffit Boards

Was that price collected by yourself(trailer type)or was it plus delivery?

Sponsored Links
The cherry picker can be good idea, but you need to check the following,

1. Can you get access to the area - i.e cherry pickers can be the size of a small car, and most at this site have to be pushed into position. Do you have the space to put the outriggers out - to set up.

2. Power, some are battery, diesel/petrol or can be run from the mains, the battery are OK as the charge should hold for a full days shift - as you only use power when the machine is being moved.

3. Price - check the min hire period, most show per day, then there is a min hire period and also a delivery charge and insurance.

4. Training - grey area, when the hire company hand over the machine they normally get you to sign two forms, 1st to say the machine has no damage when they delivered it (mark any damge/paint/scrapes etc as they will charge when m/c is returned) and 2nd they should give you a quick demo of the machine, what to do and what not to and what lever does what. - This form is a discalimer, passing responsability over to you.

Overall Cherry pickers are great, but there are so many out there you do need to check - some hire companies will offer a free site visit to tell you which m/c you should use.

If all else fails, get someone else to the whole job and tell them to use a cherry picker

is that £39 plus delivery collection insurance and vat :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
or all inclusive :D :D :D

I still say the scaffolding is the best way, the cherry picker in my view are really any good for like changing street lamp etc. For soffit board, you're moving backward and forward all the time and it's not easy because the cherry platform do not stay still. Example if you put any pressure on the soffit or nailing it in, the cherry picker will move away from you. I do use cherry picker at work regular and have a licence for it. The only time I think you should use the cherry picker is if you can't get access for scaffolding in it place.

Sponsored Links
looking closely at your pictures to the side its about 10ft overhang
and and thirty foot up and if you put out the outrigers you be farther
away shurly that would be outside the safe working footprint
by a long way i dont know if it will be but looks doddgy to me

measure the distance and height plus the distance for the outriggers
then ask them to check the loading charts

i could of course be completly wrong but leverage is a wonderfull
[and possibly dangerous] thing

good luck big all

big all

Hi all

Thanks for the many replies, I followed the web link supplied by TexMex for cherry pickers and it so happens that they have a branch in Southampton which is about 10 miles from me - really handy.

They have confirmed a daily rate of £39.00 which includes a quick crash course (no pun intended) on how to use it, they were really helpful and are the only company that will hire to the general public, I had tried the cherry picker route before but every one I spoke to would only hire to account holders that have contracters insurance.

Apparently they are engine or mains powered so no battery problems either.

Thanks again

I am looking to do some decorating to the front of our 3 storey house and had been looking into the powered access possibilities without luck until coming across your entry - did you hire it (which model?) in the end and how did you get on?

The rogues gallery on he Facelift site was fun!

Many thanks

cag

I need to replace the soffit board on the gable end of the house, the problem is that I only have limited side access to the property and there is a smaller roof protruding from the side of the house making it virtually impossible to lean a ladder against the end wall. What is the best way to gain access to the gable end? Thanks

Hey, I also think that the best way would be to use some kind of cherry pickers lifts.:LOL:

Do you work for panther ... and are you a cougar :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back