Softus.....

B

Belrose

:eek: Have I had too much red wine or does anyone else think that Softus has undergone something of a personality change ??

Sponsored Links
Belrose said:
:eek: Have I had too much red wine or does anyone else think that Softus has undergone something of a personality change ??
Did he ever have one?

Sponsored Links
Softus said:

'Yeah, I've not been well'

Hope that's just a joke, Softus ? Seriously, if you have succumbed to any of the bugs doing the rounds hope you are ok soon.

Bel

Belrose (and Richardp), you're a kind person.

I wasn't joking though. I was ill for three months. And the recent death of a relative has led me to re-examine my own mortality.

It's a funny old world. :p

Always did suspect that 'nomen est omen' anyway ;)

Hope you're feeling better very soon Softus

Sorry to hear your lost of a close relative and you not feeling too good.
Just keep in there.

Softus wrote:

'I was ill for three months'

I am glad that you say 'was', Softus, which I take to mean you are ok now. I remember that your 'Gran' passed over in early February.

As you know, most of the members on here 'have the tee-shirt' for one reason or another and I am sure I can take the liberty of speaking for them and say that we are all here should you want a 'chat' about anything.

Clocks go forward this weekend, I am told ! We will all feel a bit better for that......

Bel

Thanks for your thoughts guys and gals.

I need to quickly correct any way in which I've misled anyone. The recent cold/flu/bronchitis/plegm extravaganza is definitely over, and I'm physically 100% now.

It was indeed my grandmother, and it's also (just about) a closed chapter, although it probably took longer than normal because the funeral was delayed and my siblings came to visit from abroad. I'm fine about it all, AFAIK. It's been a time for mourning, but with limited selfishness, and for reflection, but not moping, and for introspection, but not depression. Helping with the task of clearing out her personal belongings has been a uniquely disturbing experience, but somehow a cathartic one.

Anyway, thanks to rommy for your encouragement, and to Belrose for your empathy and attention to detail.

And as for this:

WoodYouLike said:
Always did suspect that 'nomen est omen' anyway ;)
B******s. :D

When I was at school I was almost unique because I still had all four grandparents alive. I think the first died when I was about 16. But my father died when I was 24 which was a pity as he would have been able to do a lot of DIY in my house. I think the remaining three grandparents were all alive when my father died.

My father's sister died very young too and my grandmother had to bring up my cousin in Australia. Its interesting now that we have email because my Aussi cousin found me on the internet and we regularly exchange email now.

Dying is no problem for most people when they are old and many look forward to it when they become infirm and unable to do much for themselves. Its more of a problem for those they leave behind.

Don't you just envy people that have a strong faith and believe, even welcome death as a door into another, better place, even paradise!!
I can't get my head around it at all, naturally as I get older I lose more friends and family but I see it as a nightmare scenario that comes to us all at some time, I've lost all my grandparents the last two on my dads side I loved like my own parents and wept like a baby when I saw their coffin go into the ground, my Dad will go soon and I'm dreading it, I guess that's what religion is for ? but I think its all a lye, but envy people that have that strong faith.
oh dear! sorry about that :oops: got abit carried away :rolleyes:

Count your blessings, enjoy your family, friends, loved-ones now, not later. It might be too late.
And tell them you care.

Sponsored Links
Back