Software to read forums

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just wondering if there was a way to get posts to a forum (like these ones) sent to you in email format. How do moderators etc keep on top of forum information - I can't believe they have to go through them in IE do they? Some forums have a button saying "subscribe to this forum" but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Just wondered how the more regular posters here keep on top of all the posts really.

Sponsored Links
JDLDIY said:
Just wondered how the more regular posters here keep on top of all the posts really.

Cause we have nothing better to do :?:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Have seen other forums that mostly work with email replies(DIY-banter), they are very hard to follow on-line, because everyone just hits the reply button on their email program and all leave the former message in it, you scroll down and scroll down and scroll down until you see the reply (could only be one sentence!).

Also seen forums (Ebuild) that email you with the complete reply message posted on the forum, but without the post context (former posts etc) the message could be hard to place/understand (like: you better get a bigger bolt).

I prefer this one: sending you an email that a new post has been posted with a direct link to the post. You go the the post and read (if you have time and are interested in it) all other new posts or replies.

How the moderators work, I wouldn't know.

I couldn't agree more that this is the best forum type.

I was wondering whether there was another way to keep abreast of it all - such as a piece of software which might copy all the posts and send them to my email address daily for example. That would mean not having to click through them all.

JD

Sponsored Links
Back