Softwood Sleeper treatments

Sponsored Links
If they've been pressure treated you don't need to paint them for protection.

Choose whatever colour you like best.

AVS sell water based stain in a dark brown colour. It also prevents algae growth on the surface :D

Sponsored Links
Update:

So i went to my local hardware store and told them what i wanted. They recommended Creoseal... this was last weekend.

I did a coat on Saturday and coat on Sunday after being advised two coats leaving at least 16 hours between them.

The only thing is, they are still sticky in patches and have not dried properly. Its now over a week.

I'm also worried about the smell, as they do still whiff a bit, but i assume that's because they are still wet in places. They are also starting to bubble slightly in places where its been really hot this weekend. Very small bubbles to be fair, and i did put a lot on to be honest (it says apply liberally).

I know creosote was banned and this is the new legal version, but should i be worried about the fumes? I'm probably paranoid but I'm sure i can smell a very weak odour inside our house too. (sleepers are outside in garden but have had too have windows open a bit in this weather!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back