Soil against Garage Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Mother-in-law has a flower bed that backs on to her back garage wall. Problem is that this flower bed is about 4 ft deep (a metre and a bit in new money), 8ft wide and is now seeping water into the brickwork.

I appreciate damage has already been done, but as a damage limitation exercise I thought I might slide some WBP ply down between soil and wall, in an attempt to keep further water off the bricks.

However, I recognise the somewhat inelegant nature ! Anybody got ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Something like a 6" concrete gravel board or edging slab bedded on away from the garage wall so it doesn't bridged over the dpc on the garage wall if you have one.

Any sort of barrier is going to cause either water retention against the barrier, or direct the water at the base of your garage, neither are really desirable. Any sort of wooden barrier will eventually rot and abosrb moisture. Personally, I would dig out against the garage, install weeping drain with gravel, dpm against garage wall and refill.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back