SOIL AND VENT PIPE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a plumber who went into the loft space and relayed that the soil and vent pipe has been cut off open ended in the roof space.

question 1 - should this be the norm or as suggested an area for h&s.

Who ideally would eb able to take this pipe out externally?

and has anyone encountered this problem with newly built persimmon homes (6 years)

hope someone can help - as you can guess i am no diy expert

cheers

Sponsored Links
Your loft will be rather smelly then I presume. :LOL:

It should be vented to outside if it is a vent pipe.

If it has a valve on the top then the soil pipe is just a sub stack and is allowed if the property is vented elsewhere.

Does seem high for a sub stack though. :confused:

a proper plumber should be able to take it thru` roof and put lead "slate" round the pipe etc. BUT why not give Percy Simmons a grilling . mentioning rogue traders etc. I know I would .....but then the only New "house" you`ll ever catch me in will be small, wooden and with brass handles :eek: most are piles of shyte....allegedly :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Small, or with brass handles, or a pile ;) ....or 2 out of the 3 :LOL:.....sorry to hear that , I would`ve been a Norfolk plumber, but my Great-Grandfather decided Sussex was better :rolleyes: ...all ancestors up with you before that ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back