Soil Pipe Air Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a problem for a couple weeks now whereby the toilet isn't quite flushing at the same rate as it once did. It still clears however air is coming back up through the bath drain (which is fitted with a small trap).

The bath drains normally with no air coming up through the toilet. An air admittance valve is fitted and if I remove this the problem mostly goes away indicating air is trapped as the waste goes down?

I've attached a picture so try and show the setup. The toilet connects to the right and the bath/sink go to the little one going to the left. The soil pipe is built into the cavity wall. There is an inspection cover outside but I haven't lifted it yet.

Where do I start?

//www.diynot.com/network/snoopy20/albums/12559/46846

Sponsored Links
I've had a problem for a couple weeks now whereby the toilet isn't quite flushing at the same rate as it once did. It still clears however air is coming back up through the bath drain (which is fitted with a small trap).

l. There is an inspection cover outside but I haven't lifted it yet.

Where do I start?
By lifting the inspection cover - there`s probably a blockage :idea: and the bath trap should be a deep seal one ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back