Soil Pipe Alterations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, Can anyone advise to where I stand with building Regs, if I was to cut the Soil Vent pipe off below bath level and fit a one way admittance valve. If this is not possible due to Regs what size can I reduce venting pipe down too.
Said Soil Pipe has One toilet bath and sink waste entering it.

Many Thanks John

Sponsored Links
The AAV needs to be fitted at a minimum of 300mm over the highest overspill level of anything connected to it - ie 300mm above the lip of the bath/basin/WC connected to it - in your case I would assume the basin would be the highest level.

Thanks newboy, I guess from your reply then I will have to reduce size of soil vent pipe, as I cannot have soil vent pipe above bath level. I am trying to gain rom in corner of room to move bath over, as room size is small.
Many Thanks John

The ventilation part of the stack should not be less than 75mm diameter and in any event should not be replaced by an AAV unless you know the head of the drain is fully vented elsewhere (open ended vent)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Blagard, for your info. I ve noted what you've said and will act accordingly. I think I will me replacing soil vent with 75 mm and take things from there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back