Bath pipe to Soil pipe

cdh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Building an extension, but need to move the bath waste pipe from the outside wall.

I intend to connect the sink waste pipe to the bath waste pipe using a T piece and then running the one pipe into the soil stack.

Do I have to use 50mm pipe to meet building regs?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm not an expert on plumbing but i think you are not allowed to run grey water(sink & bath)into black waste(toilet)something to do with bio bugs at the sewage works.

Sponsored Links
doing that will not be against building regs but teeing individual sanityware appliances together ie wash hand basins, baths and showers can cause syhonage of the traps. here comes the science!!! all small wastes under 2 inch (or 50mm) should go straight into the main stack as they will all then be vented. if u tee 2 together ( not including the toilet as it is already 4 inch) then as the water is running along the smaller bore pipe and meets the tee joint it can pull or syhon the water out of the trap at that piece of sanityware, causing the foul gases to come up the pipes and enter the room. thats what the trap does, traps the smell. i have seen it done and folk get away with it but i have been to loads of places where say if u empty a bath or washhand basin and theres a gurgling noise at a shower tray waste followed by the fowl smell. so be aware. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back