soil pipe and extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
Need some advice before we consider our extension. We have the soils line running across the back garden. To execute our planned extension (full width of the house) we need to find a solution for this problem as the soil line and the gutter would come inside our planed extension.
Before I proceed with engaging the experts, I just need some heads up on the possible solution(s).
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Pipes can be built over and bridged. No problem

You may need to seek permission to build over the sewer though.

Bridge over what cant be moved, divert others as required. Soil pipe for upstairs bathroom can be boxed in internally within extension to vent through roof, gutters are easy enough to alter. Manholes within building are best avoided if at all possible though.

Sponsored Links
You can have 'sealed' manholes inside the building if needs be but best avoided if possible. Does the drain serve your property alone or anyone else's? That is the question .....

If a manhole cannot be moved then it will be able to be fitted with a sealed cover inside the building. Not ideal though should problems ever arise, drainage works are unpleasant and not the best occupation to be undertaking inside the house..... :eek:

I understand that some companies are now not permitting internal inspection chambers on public/adopted sewers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back