Soil pipe down my wall but on neighbour's courtyard

Sponsored Links
Woody is correct.
You need to check where your boundary is.
It is very possible that your boundary extends for a few inches past the wall and so you'll have rights to use that space as it pleases you.
If the boundary is exactly at the wall, then you will need their permission to run any pipe in their land.
Usually some cash oils the cogs of reasoning...

Perhaps you could run the pipes indoors

And tunnel through the wall to the drain.

Sponsored Links
We have plenty of space within the inside walls as we've got a studwork frame up since we are insulating the whole building. With an electric toilet, could we run the soil pipe down the inside of the wall, then out into the foul water drain (where we had an existing pipe?) It's looking like the soil pipe down the outside wall is not an option. Alternatively, there is a door that needs to be blocked up which used to be our access to the courtyard when the two properties were under one title deed. The wall is very thick, so there is even more space there from the studwork. Does a soil pipe have to be on an outside wall?

Turn of events. Looking back at the Land registry title plan, the portion of the courtyard (and thus the wall) owned by the neighbour looks to be much smaller and doesn't include said wall for said pipe. There's hope yet! Now I need to find a surveyor to confirm the boundary line. Apparently this wasn't done properly by the vendor who had the two properties (neither me nor neighbour) split in the first place.

Do you, or your Bank/Building Society, whoever holds the deeds have a paper copy of the Title Plan? I'd not trust any electronic title plan from the land registry. IMHO The way they operate is set up to cause (Boundary) disputes between neighbours.

The title split was only done recently so it's only on an electronic copy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back