soil pipe fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Broken soil pipe.. (pic attached)
ok.. I have leveled the top of it and put 2 x 45 degrees to create something giving a correct height closer to finished floor level (pic attached)
What Ive done though without realizing is lessen the flow direction
Does anyone think that this will cause a problem?
Thanks
legepe

Attachments

• IMG_20180222_163331363.jpg
    IMG_20180222_163331363.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20180227_142318060.jpg
    IMG_20180227_142318060.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 93
Sponsored Links
That is extremely confusing. How can you lessen a direction?
If you are saying you've taken out a broken rest bend and replaced with two plastic 45 fittings and an appropriate coupler, then that's fine.

Sorry for confusion.. second pic doesnt help.. The 2 45s are joined opposite way to each other to create a type of S shape which brings it down to an attachment creating a slight offset to vertical... I used to connect a none underground fitting it wont be in contact with cement.. and my main concern is ive lost most of the angle on the pipe.. just worried that this will cause a problem?
Hope ive explained ok...

Fall should be at least 18mm per metre, if there's a toilet on the other end then steeper is alright.
Just make sure it doesn't go uphill.
Best not to concrete pipes in, they should be free to move a bit. Underground pipe I not suitable for uv light but is stronger for deep burial and different choice of fittings. Also cheaper than black.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back