Toilet Soil pipe positioning.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm guessing it's standard, but what's the recommended height from floor level to drill for a toilet soil pipe? Please specify if the height giving is to the base of the soil pipe or to centre.

Should there be any gradient to assist with flow or is it fine being square?

Sponsored Links
You want a drop of about 1.5 degrees, but it's best to measure the height of the WC outlet, as some are more standard than others.

+1

With all the foreign imports around, you need to have all fittings and fixtures on site nowadays to ensure that your first fix marries up with your second :)

I surprised at this, down the the fact that, even though a toilet isn't something that gets replaced very often, surely it's best suited to have a standard height off the floor in the event it ever needs replacing. Thanks for input. Will make sure I have the toilet I want first

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the real world. Common sense and a Chinese company that makes good toilets at a cheap price, but doesn't worry about standards, don;t alwasys go hand in hand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back