Need Shower, Toilet & Extractor down 1 Pipe - Possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my summer house I have a soil pipe going underground through the concrete base and down the garden... at a gradient of course. I'm thinking about adding an electric shower in the back room, along with a toilet and extractor fan.

The brown soil pipe sticks out from the floor... the flooring is about 50mm thick above the concrete base (luxury vinyl, chipboard, 30mm insulation - then concrete from top surface down). Ideally I don't wanna be digging into the concrete.

Is it possible to use this soil pipe for:

1: The shower waste.
2: The toilet waste.
3: The air extraction.

Without digging up the concrete?

I can probably manage an extra 100mm above current floor level but anything beyond that no because the ceiling is quite low.

In other words I have about 150mm of vertical space to run all the pipes. Both the toilet and shower will be situated right next to the soil pipe so don't need to worry about long distance runs.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Really not sure what you're trying to achieve with the Extractor Fan, all that needs is to be ducted straight through the wall to outside. I would think a standard domestic fan would struggle to push the air through too long an outlet anyway, and then you have the secondary issue of it not being airtight so foul air coming back up from the drain.

Sponsored Links
Really not sure what you're trying to achieve with the Extractor Fan, all that needs is to be ducted straight through the wall to outside. I would think a standard domestic fan would struggle to push the air through too long an outlet anyway, and then you have the secondary issue of it not being airtight so foul air coming back up from the drain.
There is already an industrial style 8" EC fan there which works very well. Reason for not wanting to use the wall is sound insulation. The summer house is a music studio.

I was told it should be possible using one way valves.

The fan has a speed controller so I would turn it up after a shower, then either off or on lowest the rest of the time.

The fan also has a filter attached so odour won't be an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back