Leaky Soil Pipe Connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had our vertical stack soil pipe replaced a number of months ago (old asbestos type to plastic). At the base of the pipe in the garage a concrete upstand has been formed about 150mm high, I presume to protect the old SVP when it was in place. I have noticed a damp patch around the base of the concrete, which gets worse when you flush the toilet or run alot of water down the soil pipe.

I think when the pipe was replaced it looks like a connector was only pushed into the concrete upstand and not directly into the clayware underground cpnnector, which is I presume just above the garage floor. I presume the water is coming down the pipe and forcing its way into the concrete and therefore into the garage.

Has anyone got any suggestions how I can get the concrete off without damaging the clayway pipe below?

Also what type of connector do I use to convert the plastic soil pipe into clay?

Sponsored Links
Has anyone got any suggestions how I can get the concrete off without damaging the clayway pipe below?
Practically impossible. Just smash the whole lot out and make a seal to the inside of the clay ware below floor level (if it's not on a bend - if it is you'll need to do some digging.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm new to this drainage stuff. What type of connector should I use to connect plastic into the clay ware. I have looked in my local DIY store and they have plastic adapter - push fit one side (i presume for the plastic soil pipe) and rubber collared the other (like a WC connector). Would this do the job?

You can bodge it with a WC connector, but better to use a purpose made PVC to internal clayware connector - I think Hepworth make one.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris

I'll pop down the local plumbers merchant and get one. What a fun weekend I'll have next week...

Cheers

Not everyone will stock one - it's quite a rare beastie. I should look it up on the internet (for product code , etc.) and then check availability by phone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back