Vanity Unit and Soil Pipe issues

rvp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Question guys.

How can I get the vanity units to sit flush to the wall when the soil pipe is in the way at near floor level?

Pics.

This:
20180926_131055[1].jpg

To this:
20180402_155117.jpg

Easy methods please!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Dreadful photo!

Redesign layout so that pan is on right and basin vanity is on left.

Or

Move soil pipe.

Or

Cut and scribe the vanity carcass around the soil pipe.

Dreadful photo!

Redesign layout so that pan is on right and basin vanity is on left.

Or

Move soil pipe.

Or

Cut and scribe the vanity carcass around the soil pipe.

Yeah sorry about the photo, I knew it was pants but you get the idea!

Bath is next to the sink so cant re design the layout.

Can't move soil, too much work involved as I have now tiled etc that arra near the stack.

Third option is the one I thought although the unit has a shelf where the cut out would be see pic.

20180927_202202.jpg

I was thinking would it be possible to make the floor higher just where the soil pipe is so the bottom of the unit clears the pipe?

Struggling a bit really!

If you raise one unit you'll have to raise the wc unit too & then it'll all be out of sorts.

Just cut the shelf as well as the back of the carcass... That's what I do and then, when all is installed you can use a length of white melamine/conti board to box around the exposed pipe inside the unit which creates a little stepped shelf area and hides the butchery... Its classic shopfitting tactics.

• Thanks
Reactions: rvp
Sponsored Links
If you raise one unit you'll have to raise the wc unit too & then it'll all be out of sorts.

Just cut the shelf as well as the back of the carcass... That's what I do and then, when all is installed you can use a length of white melamine/conti board to box around the exposed pipe inside the unit which creates a little stepped shelf area and hides the butchery... Its classic shopfitting tactics.

Thanks dilalio, makes sense that and it will look not half bad.

I think I'll box the pipe first then cut out the carcass just hoping it will be sturdy enough as I've took some support away.

Last edited:
If you make the boxing part of the vanity unit, so when its put in place it covers the soil pipe, it'll be both aesthetic and structural.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back