concealed cistern in vanity unit...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have the vanity unit - should I fit the cistern on the wall below the top bar at the back of the vanity unit?

There is a mounting bracket with the cistern - it's a plastic bracket and I am uncertain if this alone would support the cistern weight when filled with water? Should I install some sort of bracket at bottom of cistern to give additional support?

Where's the best place to put the push flush unit, top of vanity unit or at front of it?

The floor where the vanity unit is to be installed on is not level (!) - the wall should be level, should I screw the unit to the wall and fit about 10mm wood strip under the front to support the unit? I am not keen to scribe some it off as there is a full base at the bottom which would need relocated up.

Lastly - how should I cut the vanity unit to fit the BTW WC - rectangular hole to allow the two fitting pipes access?

Hope thats the last of the questions ;)

Sponsored Links
I'll scribe it anyway.....any solutions regarding the cistern please...?

Hi - I have the vanity unit - should I fit the cistern on the wall below the top bar at the back of the vanity unit?

I am not a plumber but have fitted 2 of these; I fitted the cistern onto the top bar at the back of the vanity unit but first strengthened the top bar with a thick strap of wood of the same size as the top bar; this also allows you to get a better fit for the L-shaped plastic tube leading to the toilet (don't know its official name!); in one case, the supplied plastic tube was too short and, without the extra strap of wood, fixing would have been impossible

There is a mounting bracket with the cistern - it's a plastic bracket and I am uncertain if this alone would support the cistern weight when filled with water?

I threw that bracket away and simply used three screws to connect the cistern to the back plate/support strap

Should I install some sort of bracket at bottom of cistern to give additional support?

I don't think this is necessary; these modern cisterns are so light and the flush volumes are so small compared to older systems

Where's the best place to put the push flush unit, top of vanity unit or at front of it?

I put in on the at the front; it seems more convenient for service access and also avoids spoiling the glossy top

The floor where the vanity unit is to be installed on is not level (!) - the wall should be level, should I screw the unit to the wall and fit about 10mm wood strip under the front to support the unit? I am not keen to scribe some it off as there is a full base at the bottom which would need relocated up.

Not sure about this!

Lastly - how should I cut the vanity unit to fit the BTW WC - rectangular hole to allow the two fitting pipes access?

Yes, a rectangular hole; hope you don't have the same problem I had with one of my systems; a slight leak when flushing; its so hard to differentiate from a leak of flush water supply from the L -shaped plastic pipe or a non-sealing toilet connector; its impossible to see or get your hand down to feel for the source of the leak

Hope thats the last of the questions ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back