soil pipe flashing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just built a dormer for an upstairs bathroom. The 110mm waste pipe must come out of the tiled dormer wall to join to the existing soil stack. Does the soil pipe need a flashing where it passes through the tiles? What would this flashing look like?
thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply and the link. I also need to deal with the 40mm wastes from the shower and sink that must also come through the tiles. Is there a smaller version of the flashing in the link? Or just seal with silicone?
regards.

The weathering slate can be cut to suit the pipe dimensions.

Cant you branch into the soil pipe?.

clicky.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply and the link. I also need to deal with the 40mm wastes from the shower and sink that must also come through the tiles. Is there a smaller version of the flashing in the link? Or just seal with silicone?
regards.

You may want to get a couple of lead slates made up to do the job, especially if some pipes are close together, because you can get a slate made with as many penetrations as you need to suit the job.

Google "lead pipe flashing" for examples including smaller versions of what alastairreid linked to, or click his latest post on "Clicky" :D

I dont mean to hijack your thread but i have a very similar question. I have a mono pitch roof to the side of the house and a soil pipe connected to the gable end running straight through teh mono roof.

The roof will be flashed with lead, whats the best way to flash around the soil pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back