Soil pipe INSIDE extension (first fix)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We we have had a double story extension. downstairs is finished. Up stairs has no, ceiling etc. I would like to do some of the work myself. There is the old external waste pipe in the extension though...

Are there caps or filters or anything you can add to these or does it need to be run to an outside wall? Its currently in the middle of the old external wall.

Any advice would be huge. The soil pipe is next to where the new ensuit will be.

Sponsored Links
Kind of late in the day to be thinking of this issue?

Presuming the S&VP is still active?
Perhaps post some pics of the S&VP roof projection
and any waste or original WC connections,
and an en-suite lay out diagram -
and the outside walls?

If the pipe is 'old' then I'd seriously think about renewing it, before you box it in and decorate/furnish the rooms its located in. If it fails and/or starts leaking at a later date, it'll be a far bigger job to replace it!

If the pipe is 'old' then I'd seriously think about renewing it, before you box it in and decorate/furnish the rooms its located in. If it fails and/or starts leaking at a later date, it'll be a far bigger job to replace it!

Thank you. It is new. As it is currently waste pipe for only the ensuit.

The plans say box it in... so wasn't sure if they would just put one of those air valves on the end of it?

It wouldn't be a huge job to run it along and out of the back wall. I just didn't know if it is possible to extend it into the loft and put the valve on the top? If not we will just run it out of the side wall i guess

Sponsored Links
Take the easiest and shortest route. As long as the AAV is above the spillover height of the highest appliance, (usually the basin), and you have a vent elsewhere on the system, then all is ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back