SOIL PIPE MUSIC!

D

DAJ

I'm in the middle of completing an extension. All walls wired, celotexed, plumbed and ready for boarding.

I now wish to complete the cieling, BUT...

In the roof space (mono trusses), against the brick wall, there are soil pipes which flow from both my flat and the flat next door (I own both) across the space then down. Every time the bath's, basin's or toilets are used I can tell which by the length of time and "type" of noise emitted from the space!!!!!!!

I know there are several accoustic pipe wraps available such as the Rockwall techtube and the Karma products. But, does anyone know if they do actually work. They're expensive, but if they work, that's fine. If not and the ceiling void is celotexed and then boarded/plastered and painted, er... too late!

If you've used any of the pipe wrap products, please let me know how you got on. Or even if you've been successful using slabs etc.

The other point is, I'm thinking of using the "blue" accoustic board rather than the "pink" fire board because of the pipes (or maybe even both!).

No offence to anyone, but I don't need suggestions, I'm full of them, just proven solutions, THANKS.

Any help out there?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back