soil pipe not in the right position for new toilets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any ideas. I want to change armitage shanks yellow toilet (low level ) for a white one. The soil pipe comes out of concrete floor and does not fit new styles. If I fit some toilets in current position space will be very tight (knees touching wall in front)
Are newer low level flush toilets adjustable to fit the space? please help I have been stuck with this 70s toilet for 20 years.

Sponsored Links
Could you show a photo of the setup, and dimensions from the back wall to the back of the soil pipe outlet. regards chrisey

I will post dimensions in the morning thanks for your repy
pen

Sponsored Links
1 You can hunt around for toilets that don't come out so far. Some of the European makes tend to be more compact (Roca).
2 A swan neck connector may help to gain another 1-2 inches.
3 I have heard that although "S" bend toilets are not generally available , you can get them in one or two designs.
4 I notice in Spain, some toilets have an outlet going straight down (S type) so they are definately available. In fact you can't see the outlet - it's within the base of the toilet, god knows how you check for leaks.

I have the same problem so let us know how you get on.

The space from the back wall to the back of the soil pipe is 17cm and the space from the back wall to wall in front is 135cm. I know I can fit a toilet in this space but it brings the seat forward, does not allow for good movement etc.

As Nige F says the offset multiquick is your best bet. Unless you can find a concealed outlet pan which drops directly over the soil pipe (cant think of the name of them now) regards chrisey

what is an offset multiquick, sorry I havn't a clue
thanks for your replies.

Would I be better sticking to a low level flush to fit the space and are these adjustable at the pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back