Soil Pipe questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently re-designing my first floor bathroom to incorperate an ensuite to one of the bedrooms.
In doing this I will need to change the soil pipe configuration, so that the pipe from the bathroom and ensuite toilets runs under the floor.

The existing soil stack is shown in the top right hand corner of the below (very crude) diagram.

My intention was to install something like this: http://www.screwfix.com/p/92-5-87-5-branch-grey-sp190/12454
in the existing soil stack and run a pipe under the floor to the boxed in section at the bottom of the bath. From here I would like to split it, above floor level, to the two toilets.

My main question about this is - do I need to have a vent on the other end of the pipes? To give you an idea of the approximate scale of the diagram, the pipe will be run under the floor for about 1.3m

Any further advice would be appreciated

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Jaz, The Golden Rule; Air behind water. Also, you must consider the limitations of 32 & 40mm waste pipe length on single stack soil systems.
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back