Soil Pipe question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm putting in a new en-suite. This is going into a box room at the front of the house, but in the middle.

I need to put in a new soil stack as the existing soil stack can't be reached.

The en-suite room is almost above the garage. My plan is to run the soil pipe suspended in the ceiling of the garage, out the garage wall and into the new soil stack at the side of the house.

My question is regarding the connection from the toilet through to the soil pipe in the garage. They are around 3 feet apart under the floor (there's no joists in the way).

Am I allowed to use some sort of flexible 4 inch pipe to connect the toilet waste, through the floor and into the soil pipe suspended in the garage roof? If so can anyone recommend a product to buy for this?

Thanks
Jon

Sponsored Links
The only flexi I know of is a pan connector, and these aren't ideal for connecting pans! The soil run needs to be as uncomplicated as possible, more bends=more places to block up. You'll need to run from W.C. in 110mm pipe.

Am I allowed to use some sort of flexible 4 inch pipe to connect the toilet waste,

These are used by plonkers who have no inclination of how an installation should be carried out/remedied , every time i see this crap fitted i know the previous installer was a monkey.

If only we could revert back to lead/cast iron/copper , would certainly put an end to all this bad workmanship.

No offence to OP.

Are you aware what your doing is controlled building work? Is subject to several Building Regulations, Building Notice submission, inspection by LABC & will need a compliance certificate when you come to sell up!

Sponsored Links
Are you aware what your doing is controlled building work? Is subject to several Building Regulations, Building Notice submission, inspection by LABC & will need a compliance certificate when you come to sell up!

Get real, what they dont know doesn't hurt them :LOL:

I`ll get me 4inch bobbins

;)

Still got em :cool: , along with pot n laddle , caulking tools , squirrel tail , wiping gear , plumbers black , lead ingots......................rats seem to of eaten the yarn. :cool:................memorys of proper plumbing.................you know where i'm coming from. ;)

Yes well aware its Building Regs. Paid them already and had Mr inspector around before I did so. They're in agreement with where I plan to put the new toilet and the path I plan to run the waste pipe.

The whole reason I'm dropping it into the garage (rather than carrying on under the floor) is so that it is accessible.

So sounds like the flexi stuff isn't the way forward, for the intial few feet between the toilet and the garage.

Basically the pipe will need to drop into the floor cavity, go in a path directly away from the toilet for 2 feet horizontally (with the appropriate slight drop of course) before then dropping into the garage.

I've tried to draw this crudely to show the little 3 feet stretch I'm talking about. It is the bit near the toilet which curves before dropping into the garage.

I was hoping there might be a better product on the market these days than creating several 90 (ish) degree bends to achieve this?

Cheers
Jon

I'd think a 90deg pan connector, into a 90 bend, then 'dog leg' it with 2 45deg's to get the level across the garage. Fit an access junction where the new run joins the stack so you can get into the new section should need arise.

You should be able to pipe it with 110mm.
Assuming the dimensions are close to this drawing...
Multiquick do 1 meter long flexible extensions.
soil2.png

Get real, what they don't know doesn't hurt them :LOL:
vanker :rolleyes:

And your point is???????????

Never get personal when debating a topic it only shows your inability to reason things out :LOL:

My post was a “heads up” for the OP; like it or lump it, there are regulations & ignoring them will increasingly cause you problems in the future.

So my point was; when others are tying to give serious & sensible advice, why post stupid, opinionated comments on someone else’s thread. The OP answered my post accordingly & has now received very good & constructive advice. Flippant “who gives a stuff” comments are of no use to anyone & better suited to the cess pit “General Forum”. On the trade forums, either give constructive advice or please don’t bother; your post contributed nothing other that your stupid comment. :rolleyes:

Edit; The OP didn't post on here for a debate, he just want's good advice.

You should be able to pipe it with 110mm.
Assuming the dimensions are close to this drawing...
Multiquick do 1 meter long flexible extensions.
soil2.png

Thanks for that...it's like that drawing was made for my job.

The dimensions are very similar. Would you recommend a multiquick flexible extension. The poster higher up didn't seem keen.

Cheers
Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back