soil pipe relocation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the bathroom currently has no shower cubical and the only place to put it is where the WC is situated presently.

This means the WC will have to be moved along the wall. Now the main soil pipe is the old cast iron (i think) and I wanted to know how i would go about extending the pipe to be moved over by about a meter.

moving this will enable a 1200 x 900 shower cubicle to be installed

The picture below shows the side view of the property.

soil_pipe.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You don't have much choice but to connect into the stack at a lower point, therefore you have to modify the stack. This is made harder because it's cast iron, so if it were me I'd replace the upper part with new uPVC soil pipe.

Join the two sections with a GT01 coupling, above that put a new branch connector at a height dictated by the new WC position, and you're well on the way towards having an uncle named Robert.

See also this site for cast-iron options:
http://www.jcpbm.com/rainwater_solid.htm

decided that I will cut the stack just about the roof with plastic, but where cam i get the adaptor from, and whats the best way to cut the stack?

Dan_Robinson said:
b21playa said:
decided that I will cut the stack just about the roof with plastic, but where cam i get the adaptor from, and whats the best way to cut the stack?

Huh?

where can i get a plastic to cast iron adaptor

picture582.jpg

Nothing to say - I was just feeling left out of the grinder picture posting extravaganza.

Dan_Robinson said:
picture582.jpg

Wasn't this dude out of Allo Allo! :?:

I was feeling bored too - pheck I hate football.
a *metal cutting*disc :idea: ;)

also where the old wc comes out the wall i want to bring the new shower waste.

how can I connect this to the stack, its very closs to the branch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back