Soil pipe routing acceptable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. Another plumbing question if anyone cares to advise please?
We have built a 2 storey extension which results in the bathroom walls becoming internal.
I have a rim joist around the perimeter of the house surrounded by a reinforcing steel bar (Wimpey no fines in situ concrete house).
So I can't take my toilet waste out under the extension floor directly.
So what I'm proposing to do is box it in above floor level, then drop it under the extension floor with a couple of 135degree offsets with approx 100mm of straight pipe in between as it passes through the concrete wall.

The length of pipe run is approx 2.1 metres above the floor and 2.3m below. The internal part under the extension (8" joists) is 1.8m.
Does this sound acceptable?
I have a photo of a rough diagram on my phone but not sure how to upload.

My next question if the above is acceptable;
Can a second toilet outlet drop into the same pipe just before it goes out from the extension using a t piece?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
IMG_1527.JPG

You can go max 6m for a single WC. Shouldn't be too much of an issue connecting a second one close to the stack.

Sponsored Links
You can go max 6m for a single WC. Shouldn't be too much of an issue connecting a second one close to the stack.

Thanks Denso13.
Would the offset between the floors cause any issues? I was thinking of using solvent weld fittings here.

If you are unsure of the bend causing any issues, perhaps you should not use solvent weld fittings.
Just in case you need to tweako_O

Solvent weld fittings are best used if you're boxing it in, but just remember, there is no margin for error, once glued it aint coming apart again! Check the fitting carefully before use, some are 'handed' and have arrows giving direction of flow.

I'd also look at putting some form of access in externally, to allow cleaning of this horizontal run should the need arise. https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-sp502g-92-5-access-branch-grey/18625

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back