soil pipe strength

B

breezer

Just wondering,
soil pipe must be strong must they?

suppose you have a toilet on the 4th floor (you know whats coming)

The lumps must travel at their terminal velocity, and if the pipe is vertical the only way is down. so when the lumps hit the bottom that must be some force, so the pipe must be stong to withstand the force of impact, i wonder has a genuine lump ever broken a pipe?

Sponsored Links
Just eat vindaloo, you'll never have to worry about breaking anything, apart from your colon :D

TBH i was working in a flat on the 4th floor and ...............well you can guess the rest, but as the car was round the back, you could clearly see the soil pipe was vertical from the ground up, so i was wondering...........

Sponsored Links
Breezer, I'm fairly new to this forum, so I don't know which trade you're in ?? :)

HI

i do not have to worry about that as i need to go for s*** daily and it is not solid :D .

nice comments guys, but i was seriously wondering about the strength of the pipe

The solids will not hit the bottom of the pipe as there is a slow bend at the base of every soil pipe and anything traveling will slide around gently. :D

Dunno the exact strength, but if it can withstand multi storey situations, above 10 floors, although the waste set up is slightly different, it will withstand a few floors of it :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back