Soil pipe through footings.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have the soil pipe running through the footings of my extension. As the pipe 90 degrees to the footings I have two lintels running over the top. The lintels have been raised about 80mm above the height of the footings.

My question is, what should be underneath the actual Lintels as obviously there is a gap, the soil pipe is covered with pea shingle.

Can I just shutter off both sides and fill it with a weak mix of concrete? this will obviously fill the space below the lintel and the cavity space, but just wanted to be sure before i go ahead and do it....

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The preferred method is to leave a gap around the pipe to allow movement of the building without affecting the pipe.

Where it passes through the cavity and where this cavity needs filling with lean mix concrete, pack around the pipe with fibre glass wool insulation to provide a buffer zone around the pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back