Sewer pipe through footings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am building a conservatory and will put in footings for the wall at 1 metre, now a sewer pipe clips through the corner of the footings so it goes through 2 sides, it is also quite near the bottom of the footing. My question is, how do I bridge the pipe with it being so near the bottom of the footing ( if it was near the top I would lay the concrete let it dry then place the lintel on top) with it close to the bottom I can't lay a bit of concrete, let it dry, put the lintel on then fill in the rest?? or can I???
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes you can, just shore up each side pour your footings when dry lay the lintel across and fill with pea shingle.
Pete

Yes you can, just shore up each side pour your footings when dry lay the lintel across and fill with pea shingle.
Pete
Depends on the pipe angle.. he could end up with next to no footing in the corner.. might be worth considering re-routing the drainage around the footing or sleeving the pipe. It would also be creating an independant corner foundation that is liable to move separately to the rest.

Make sure footing either side of pipe goes down to pipe invert/disturbed excavation level at least.

Sponsored Links
as Pete (fluffster) has said, but you could also completely shutter the pipe - sides AND top, so long as the top has about 100mm of clearence.

we would stuff insulation around the pipe, within the shuttering, to prevent any concrete seeping in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back