Sewer pipe going through footings

Depth from ground level to top pf pipe = 150mm, bottom of pipe footings = 520mm, yes its a clay pipe.

Bottom of trench = 550 mm that will then match the depth of the existing founds, i was originally going do go down to around 750mm, but now not sure I need to as the extension will be a lot lighter, as it won’t have a concreate slab roof as the existing one does.

Sponsored Links
Depth from ground level to top pf pipe = 150mm, bottom of pipe footings = 520mm, yes its a clay pipe.

Bottom of trench = 550 mm that will then match the depth of the existing founds, i was originally going do go down to around 750mm, but now not sure I need to as the extension will be a lot lighter, as it won’t have a concreate slab roof as the existing one does.

The determining factor will be ground stability rather than loading.

If you have good, load bearing soil that isnt shrinkable clay and youve no trees or hedges within the zone of influence, then shallow footings may be fine.

I think I could have popped down and got this up to damp by now. :rolleyes:

You will need to go down to 1m. Dig down and under, shutter around the encasement, then lintel over it.

I think I could have popped down and got this up to damp by now. :rolleyes:

You will need to go down to 1m. Dig down and under, shutter around the encasement, then lintel over it.

Your welcome woody, need someone to push the barrow lol ;-p

Ok so last question, single skin brick to high of 2.3m, span over pipe around 500mm, what depth Prestressed Concrete Lintel would be recommended?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back