Soil Pipe Through Footings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to run a new UPVC soil pipe underneath a new solid concrete floor and through existing footings. BCO advised to run through footings using a lintelled opening to provide 50mm clearance around pipe (which is fine). However also that this needs to be surrounded under the lintel/in the wall by a "flexible compressive material" to allow for wall/foundation movement, and to prevent ingress of vermin/water. Anyone any suggestions as to what this material should be - rockwool type insulation?, some sort of foam sleeve? or a silicon-mastic/sealant type filler maybe?

Inside the pipe will run under the concrete slab (just!). Also advised to bed this in shingle (again fine), but that it should be wrapped in another "flexible compressive material" as there is very little clearance above the pipe! Again any ideas as to this material - I'm thinking a rockwool-type insulation maybe? would this be ok under the Slab&DPM?

Any advise gratefully received, I'm sure someone must have been here before...

Many Thanks,

Jon.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back