Soil Pipe Ventilation?

As I said, with an AAV you still have nowhere for noxious gases to go, so yuo might get bubbles of pong coming up through your traps. It's a very common happening when birds nests block the vent.

A vent pipe should be vented!

Sponsored Links
I presume the fitting half way up the soil stack is swept tee for the first floor bathroom loo?

this tee has some blocked up holes on it.
These are bosses that can be drilled out to accept a rubber addapter and a 40mm waste pipe. Combine those two pipes into one (on the outside of the house) and run it in.

I asked the question because I noticed that similar houses (with dormers) have used these AAV's outdoors. One or two have had their soil pipes capped off at gutter level and have had a vent put in the side. Both ways look a lot neater than my vent pipe, but probably not to regs???
Whether this is "to regs" or not, depends on you local BCOs interpretation of "Accessible". If they accept the use of a ladder for maintenance, then an AAV just below the soffit would still be "accessible" and, therefore, still within regs. The only way you are going to find out, is to run it past them.

You may wish to make a casual enquiry of the other neighbours that have used this solution. If they went through building control, then you are probably on a winner. If they didn't .. well.. Perhaps it would be better if hadn't asked them in the first place.;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back