Soil Pipe with External Insulation and Cladding Boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Might be a daft question, but I'll ask it anyway as Google isn't really coming up with anything.

I have the soil stack on the end of my house, later this year we'll be going up another story, adding a new bathroom above and adding external insulation so that the existing solid-brick construction isn't so cold.

Everything I've found shows the soil pipe being stood further off the wall so it sits outside the insulation, however there's just enough room for it to sit behind the cement board cladding and within the insulation.

Is it feasible to do it that way, or is there *something* that would trip me up?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Might be a daft question,
r there's just enough room for it to sit behind the cement board cladding and within the insulation.

Is it feasible to do it that way, or is there *something* that would trip me up?

Thanks
Not daft at all - but it's an unusual pipe if it is that small/close to the wall. Does it actually have a toilet branching into it ?

Not daft at all - but it's an unusual pipe if it is that small/close to the wall. Does it actually have a toilet branching into it ?

Unless he's having 110mm insulation stuck on the outside :LOL: window reveals will be interesting ;)

I'm having 25 x 37 battens on the wall, 100mm of insulation over that then boards on top. There's 15mm of existing render that can be chased and scope to chase the brickwork too, so more than enough depth to accommodate a 110mm pipe. I appreciate that there's a stand-off at the moment, but that's not necessary if the pipe is inside the wall structure as it can be restrained using a different approach.

Not sure why window reveals will be a problem, the windows can be installed in the normal position or further into the reveal to match a traditional look?

Sponsored Links
I'm having 25 x 37 battens on the wall, 100mm of insulation over that then boards on top. There's 15mm of existing render that can be chased and scope to chase the brickwork too, so more than enough depth to accommodate a 110mm pipe. I appreciate that there's a stand-off at the moment, but that's not necessary if the pipe is inside the wall structure as it can be restrained using a different approach.

Not sure why window reveals will be a problem, the windows can be installed in the normal position or further into the reveal to match a traditional look?

Hey. Don't stress... From your OP, we start to build a picture in our minds and until further information is forthcoming, that picture can get very weird, very quickly :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back