Soil Stack! Bendy or not ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

In the process of designing a new shower / toilet room upstairs (current bathroom downstairs). I was wondering if soil stacks have to be vertical or whether there can be a kink in it like so

... |
... | - Toilet here
... |
.... \
..... \
...... \
...... |
...... |
...... | - Ground level
The kink would be required to avoid boiler flue and move the base so that an access chamber could be place without moving an existing underground gas supply pipe.

Thanks in advance for you help

Sponsored Links
How many bends and what angle are they? e.g 90 or 112.5 degree etc..

Also not sure what the safety regulation if any regarding the soil stack with the boiler flue.

Hi thanks for the reply :)

I will have to do some calcs when I get home to work out the exact measurements and get back to the board.

As for Plastic pipes and boiler flue that could be an issue. Perhaps some foil heat reflective tape / sleeve where it is closest (Approx 150mm away) ?

Sponsored Links
Any combustible materials must be at least 25mm from an open flue pipe. For room-sealed or fan flued appliances horizontal clearances to a soil or drain pipe vary. If you have the installation instructions for your boiler it will say in there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back