Soil stack layout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning on doing my soil stack as per the pic - I don't fancy using AAV/durgos as the space won't be easily accessible so planning on taking the 'dry' section out of the wall outside to vent
not sure if I Can use a smaller pipe (than 110mm) for the vent section (or if there's any point in doing so - only for cost I guess)

Attachments

• IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 269
Sponsored Links
Yes you can shrink the dry side if you want, from memory the min size is some non standard dimension that you can't get like 75mm or something. You could always go for two 50mm in parallel if it makes it easier and you don't mind the cost and weird look.

Cheers - I'd only shrink it if there was any point (ie. cheaper) - reckon there isn't? I guess I should just go and check prices rather than being lazy and asking you. I suspect 110mm being standard will be cheaper than the next size down anyway

from a quick check, it appears to be 82mm and more expensive/harder to get hold of - so I reckon I'll stick with 110mm throughout

Sponsored Links
Could you not do it all on the outside? Save me digging up your kitchen in 10 years :LOL:(y)

sadly not mate, it's nowhere near an outside wall at that point, it'll have an access cap just before it goes down into the slab though, so you should be able to use that when I call you out, right? lol joking aside totally agree always prefer to run any waste/soil externally and I always do when poss

I was asked yesterday if I would jet an internal manhole, I told him I didn't mind but I was not going to clear up his extension. He agreed that we clear it from the neighbours manhole.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back