soil stack - neat solution needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all, I've got a bit of a space problem. I need to run some cooker hood ducting close to a soil stack. There's not much room and there's no other option. The problem is a blanked off waste connector that sticks out a good few inches - see photo. I'm going to need to saw that whole boss arrangement off at the black arrow. I assume there's not much chance of separating a solvent weld fitting like that? Anyway, assuming I saw it off I will then need to improvise some method of permanently sealing off the hole that is left. I need a low profile solution. I'm thinking of cutting a flat disc out of suitable plastic and sticking it on with solvent. Any better ideas would be welcome! thanks in advance
Nick

Sponsored Links
Can you rotate the whole assembly round? The 110 looks like pushfit, just turn it on its seals.

I can't do that unfortunately. It is push fit but just out of the photo to the left is a straight run of pipe to a WC. I'm pretty sure I need to saw it off, I just didn't want to do that without having a vague idea of how to close the hole afterwards

Looks like a tee with a boss on the side that was in use but has now been blanked. Maybe remove the tee and fit a new one without a boss?

Sponsored Links
srhawksy .... that would be a good solution but I think it's going to be hard to dismantle the branch connector as access is difficult. The upper part of the stack is all boxed in. I'll take a look at that option but I've still got an eye on the saw option!

Am I right in thinking that if I cut a disk out of some other fitting it will fix over the hole properly using solvent?

ah ha newgas, now you're onto something there. That's why I came here - I knew someone but be aware of some obscure fitting that I didn't know about. Many thanks!

I'm on it newgas! your post came in while I was replying to an earlier one. Thanks. Not sure about 2" though .... I just put a rule across that boss and it looks more like 70mm.

Never seen those before NGI, learn something new everyday. I'd a cut the stack, removed a chunk, changed the tee and used slip couplings to get it all back together. What a kuffuffle! :LOL:

ah ha newgas, now you're onto something there. That's why I came here - I knew someone but be aware of some obscure fitting that I didn't know about. Many thanks!

They come in all sizes and are adjustable (to an extent) ie 61-70mm 71-80mm etc ect etc

yes I've googled it now and I'm sure they do something suitable, cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back