soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am building an extension that goes over an existing manhole.
i want to replace the section of pipe in the manhole, and make use of the other 2 manholes situated on the same line either side within 3 mtrs.

the manole i want to replace the pipe only houses the stack waste from my own property and no others.

can i put a swept t in when replacing the section of pipe and connect my waste to it, bearing in mind that the other manholes are close and on the same line, or do i need to have access to rod the 1mtr peice of pipe going from my property into the swept T

i did think about connecting it to one of the other manholes, but this will involve a 90oc bend terminating into the manhole and i am not sure it is allowed.

HELP

Sponsored Links
Think the bottom line is NO! All parts of the drains should be accessible for rodding should a blockage occur. Cant see Building Control allowing it. Either put sealed cover on existing manhole inside building or reroute drain. Building Control will advise regarding bend into other manhole as you describe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back